Dover Bitch

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Way to go, L.A.

As we look back at the Rodney King riots, which peaked with King's "Can't we all just get along" comments 15 years ago today, it's just amazing to see that the LAPD is still on the news swinging clubs at people and giving them welts with rubber bullets.

Unbelievable.

UPDATE: I just wanted to say that, in general, I am very supportive of the LAPD. I know people on the force and I have the utmost respect for them. Their work is significantly more dangerous than mine, not to mention the disparity in contributions to the general welfare between our jobs.

This graphic and disturbing YouTube video of Peter Jennings with the LAPD pretty much says it all.

I just get extremely disappointed when things like this happen, especially with the riots on my mind.

Also, I am still waiting to read (and I've been looking for) some sort of conclusive statement from the people investigating the tasing of that student at UCLA last year. (That was the UCPD, operating under the authority of LAPD)

Labels: , ,