Dover Bitch

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Thanks, Hullabaloo

DB would like to thank Digby and all the Hullabaloo readers for the hospitality this week. It was definitely a tough assignment filling in for her.

I wrote earlier here that I would be "pinch-hitting," but in reality, I was "eating innings." And I had no idea I'd be following a live speech! I've compared Digby to Jimi Hendrix before... Now I'm reminded that nobody wanted to follow Hendrix on stage when he made his American debut as a superstar at the Monterey Pop Festival almost exactly 40 years ago (off by just one day.)

The reader comments were outstanding and illuminating -- part of the reason Hullabaloo is such a great blog. I must admit, I was a little disappointed that a Hullabaloo reader who took the name "Enoch Root" didn't seem to notice I gave one of my posts the title "Show some adaptability," which is pulled from the pages of Neal Stephenson's Cryptonomicon. (One of the characters in that book is named Enoch Root.)

Again, thanks Digby and congratulations on the well-deserved award!

Labels: ,