Dover Bitch

Monday, April 23, 2007

The speed of Kaus

Before DB started blogging, I used to read Mickey Kaus' blog on Slate. I read Slate before I started reading pretty much any blogs, so Kaus' was really my introduction to political blogging.

I almost always came to the conclusion that Kaus was wrong, but I enjoyed his blog because sometimes it would take me hours to come to that conclusion. It was thought-provoking and I enjoyed reading it.

After a while though, I realized that it was taking me less and less time to figure out why he was wrong. By the time he basically wrote that Valerie Wilson was to blame for her own outing by allowing her husband to have an opinion, I said enough. It only took me until the end of the paragraph to know just how wrong Kaus was.

For no good reason, I checked out Kaus' blog on Thursday and discovered something interesting. It's not that I got used to Kaus' style and became more enabled to spot his wrongness quicker... He's actually been steadily increasing his economy with wrongness in the absence of my readership. He begins:

Is the wrong party dissatisfied with its presidential candidates? I think so. ... 4:19 P.M.


No! One sentence! Where can he go from there? Well, the next item begins by asking:

Isn't Michael Ledeen right


No! Four words! It's amazing! I might have to start reading his blog again, just to see him reach wrongness singularity.

Labels: , ,