Dover Bitch

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Cheney, Dick

Barton Gellman and Jo Becker's four-part Washington Post series on Dick Cheney is so infuriating (and has been covered so well by other bloggers) that I'm just going to list my favorite sentence from each chapter:

  • Part I: "The thing I remember about it is how rude, there's no other word for it, the attorney general [John Ashcroft] was to the vice president," said one of those in the room.

  • Part II: [Colin] Powell remarked admiringly, as they emerged, that [Condoleezza] Rice dressed down the president's lawyer "in full Nurse Ratched mode," a reference to the head nurse of the mental hospital in the 1975 film "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest."

  • Part III: "I can't think of a time when I have thought I was right and the vice president was wrong." -- Edward P. Lazear, chairman of the White House Council of Economic Advisers

  • Part IV: "What does the law say?" [Ron] Christie, the former aide, recalled the vice president asking. "Isn't there some way around it?"

    Labels:


  •