Dover Bitch

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Blogs that make you go hmmmmm

DB was picked by SteveAudio to receive a Thinking Blogger Award (in a post with a Neil Young-related title, no less... Bravo, Steve!)

Congratulations, you won a !

Should you choose to participate, please make sure you pass this list of rules to the blogs you are tagging. I thought it would be appropriate to include them with the meme.

The participation rules are simple:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).

That was that! Please, remember to tag blogs with real merits, i.e. relative content, and above all - blogs that really get you thinking! It is the first time I am starting something with my blog so I hope it doesn't come back to haunt me.


Happy link-love-sharing, whatever it is!



I've been reluctant to follow suit, just because the blogs that have me thinking the most are typically ones already well known around the blog-o-sphere. Also, some of the blogs that get me thinking the most aren't exactly ones I'd like to link to or promote.

If this were an A- or even B-list blog, it would be easy to find some lesser-known writers to promote. Unfortunately, this is a tough assignment for me because I'm looking upwards, and if nothing else, this award has made me realize I need to expand my bookmark list.

But here's stab at it, trying to avoid the most ultra-popular blogs (you know who you are) while simultaneously trying not to imply that these five are, by any means, unpopular:


  1. Balkinization
  2. Ornicus
  3. LA Observed
  4. David Byrne's Journal
  5. Obsidian Wings


In the spirit of promoting another blogger whom I've only recently discovered and who wrote to me, "I like to think we 'lesser stars' also add to the brilliance of this galaxy," I'll give an honorable mention to Gail Jonas' Thinking Out Loud.

Thanks again, SteveAudio.

UPDATE: I made a glaring error of omission.

Labels: